Content Creator, Journalist, Memoirist
Mickey Goodman has written more than 500 bylined articles in publications such as Thomson-Reuters, People Magazine, Veranda, Holmes, Canadian Architecture and Design, Southern Living, Atlanta Magazine, Women’s Wear Daily, and more. She blogs for Huffington Post, Travelgram, Wordpress.com, ThirdAge.com and Divine Caroline.com. Mickey is President, Southeast Chapter, American Society of Journalists & Authors (ASJA) and a Board Member, and the Atlanta Press Club.
Her new book,"Nine Lives of a Marriage -- A Curious Journey," the memoir of Holocaust survivor, Eva Friedlander, debuted August 29, 2010.
Read excerpts from magazine
articles and travel articles.
- First place award from the Alabama Media Professionals (AMP) to Mickey Goodman and Verna Gates for Investigative reporting; "Sex Tourism Thriving in the Bible Belt," Reuters International.
- National Federation of Press Women Communications competition Winner, to Mickey Goodman and Verna Gates for Investigative reporting; "Sex Tourism Thriving in the Bible Belt," Reuters International and "21st Century Sex Slaves", Pink Magazine
- First Place from the Alabama Media Professionals (AMP) to Mickey Goodman and Verna Gates for Enterprise Reporting, "21st Century Sex Slaves," Pink Magazine.
- First place award for Investigative Reporting from the National Association of Press Women for her Atlanta Magazine article, "You Ain't Been Down My Street."
- First place for Investigative Reporting from the Alabama Media Professionals for "You Ain't Been Down My Street."
- Bronze award from the Magazine Association of Georgia and the Southeast (MAGS) for an article in Atlanta Woman entitled, "Minimum Wage, Maximum Challenge."
- She was also a nominee when the magazine won the organization's top honor, the Grand Gamma Award.
National Federation of Press Women Communications competition Winners